Westland Foundation has partnership agreements with Red River College, University of Manitoba, University of Winnipeg and The Winnipeg Foundation.
The partnerships with the three post-secondary institutions are based on separate agreements whereby:
- Each partner holds Education Funds in endowment at their institutions.
- The interest earned from the endowments will fund the scholarships on an annual basis.
- The three partners have contributed matching funds to the portion of the Education Fund endowment held at their College or University.
- Each partner provides the ongoing collaboration and coordination required to implement the scholarship awards at their respective institutions.
The partnership with The Winnipeg Foundation is an agreement whereby:
- Westland Foundation contributes dollars to an endowment fund held at The Winnipeg Foundation.
- Westland Foundation is able to draw upon the interest earned from the endowment, enabling the Education Fund to offset financial commitments at any of the partnering post-secondary institutions.
Our four partnership agreements are invaluable to ensure the Westland Foundation Education Fund scholarships, for inner-Winnipeg students, are maintained and successfully granted annually.